Readers, out of all the meals I have made this past few weeks, this is probably the one meal with the most calories. My husband and I made a very good decision to just have the Casserole only for dinner since it was so much in calories. (But, I think it is funny that everything I have fixed him, he has lost so much weight. I have even lost some weight, just by eating at home.)
This meal is easy and only takes an hour all together. I would recommend the meal for those who are going to a potluck or even those who have kids or just have a big family gathering. My husband have leftovers of the meal probably few a days. It serves for at least for 10.
Anyways, there is really no notes of advice I can give except I would recommend to season the sausage, I regrettably never seasoned the sausage and was wishing I did. And in addition, if you do not have turkey pepperoni, use pork pepperoni, I did and it tasted just fine.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1 lb) mild ground pork sausage
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni (about 30 pieces)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 13×9-inch (3 quarts) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook spaghetti with 1/2 teaspoon salt according to package directions. Drain well, and place in baking dish.
- In large skillet brown sausage over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean. Add pepperoni, and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly crisp.
- Top spaghetti in baking dish with sausage; pour pasta sauce over sausage. Arrange half of pepperoni slices evenly over pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses. Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices evenly over cheese. Cover with nonstick or lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove foil, and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.