Hello Readers! Another Dinner Meal Recipe entry, can you believe I have been doing this for two weeks! I am quite impressed with myself right now. First I want to say I am sorry I do not have a picture for this entry. My husband brought a friend over and well I did not have time to get the picture. They (including me) were hungry.
While my favorite meal I have made was the Pesto Gnocchi, this is a close second. I would never think of putting peaches and chicken together before. It was amazingly good, it had a tangy-sweet which was added by the brown sugar, peaches, orange juice, and cinnamon, but it had a kick which came from the malt vinegar.
Dinner was served with Risotto (which was not that bad tasting, I think I could have put some more salt in it, but it was alright and with the sauce of the Peachy Chicken drizzled over it I loved it!) and Corn.
Well let us get the recipe going:
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 5)
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices, drained and reserve juice
- 2 1/2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In large skilled, brown the chicken in the oil.
- Combine the reserved peach liquid, orange concentrate, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and pepper. Pour over browned chicken. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peaches; heat. Combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water; stir into sauce. Heat, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
Note: I would highly recommend when you are putting in the cornstarch and water mixture to pull out the chicken and after you have stirred the mixture in the sauce place chicken back in. I also recommend to take chicken pieces especially if they are chicken breast to cut them in half, it cooks better.