Readers last night meal was another success! I have this strange feeling one of next few meals will not, so keep in your prayers that it doesn’t happen.
The dinner took me about an hour, I think. I would highly recommend if you make the same exact meal to start with the casserole then while the casserole is baking work on that chicken.
I would like to also recommend that for the casserole even though it says to use onions, don’t! I can tell you it does no good, it doesn’t help the taste or anything. Sorry for those who love onions.
Let us get going!
Hash Brown Casserole: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal, slightly crushed
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix onion, paprika, pepper, potatoes, and 2 tablespoons of the butter, toss well.
- In medium microwavable, mix soup and cheese. Microwave uncovered on High 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until cheese is melted. Stir in sour cream. Pour cheese mixture over potato mixture; stir well. Spread in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine cereal and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake uncovered 1 hour.
Skillet Garlic Chicken: 4 Servings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Stir the sage and thyme in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the sage mixture.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for one minute. Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is well browned on both sides and cook through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook and stir until lightly browned. Stir in the soup and water and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.